Happy wedding day to Kirsten and Kendall! To celebrate, I’m sharing their engagement session and some great tips for nailing your engagement session! Enjoy!
The Ultimate Engagement Guide
Today on the blog, I’m giving you a sneak peek into the ultimate engagement guide- mine! My extensive, 44-page guide will lighten your stress load and help you have the best engagement session ever. And did I mention it’s FREE!?! If you’re engaged or know someone who is, be sure to grab your copy and/or share away! You can find it at the end of this blog post.
5 Tips for Nailing Your Engagement Session
Unless you’re a model by profession, the idea of being in front of the camera for two hours is probably all kinds of scary for you.
The good news? If you’re anything like me, preparation and lots of insight into what you can expect goes a long way to shake those nerves.
Here are 5 tips to relieve the stress of your engagement session and walk away from it feeling so dang excited to see the pictures!
1) Cute and comfortable is key! If you choose clothes that provide you with very little room to breathe, you will spend your whole session picking at them, which will result in you feeling uncomfortable the whole time. An engagement session is a great excuse for a new outfit, but be sure to test it our before the day of your session (did someone say date night??).
2) Location is everything. The possibilities are endless and honestly, quite overwhelming. Brainstorm locations that mean something to you as a couple. Places that excite you or take your breath away are a good place to start. But don’t be afraid to keep it simple either. Don’t rule out your favorite neighborhood coffee shop or that antique store you just can’t get enough of. Don’t convince yourself that they aren’t “fancy” enough. They are perfect if they make you happy.
3) Time it right. The key to a gorgeous session is to schedule it around the sun. The sunset time changes drastically during these three months. In September, you can plan on 5:30-7:30 until the third week and then you can plan on 5:00-7:00 until Mid- Oct. After the first week of November, 3:00-5:00 PM.
4) Consider professional hair and makeup for your shoot. This is such a perfect time to do your hair and makeup trials because photos need a more saturated makeup approach than your everyday look so that you don’t become washed out. If you can swing it, do it!
5) When in doubt, kiss it out! Being in front of a camera can be a little awkward feeling at times, especially if you aren’t used to being around cameras often. That being said, treat your engagement like a date. Flirt with one another and kiss when you’re not sure what else to do. Not only will this help you loosen up, but it will give your photographer the opportunity to snag some romantic shots you’ll get to treasure for the rest of your life together!
Snag Your FREE Copy of My Engagement Guide Today
What are you waiting for girlfriend?! Be sure to grab your FREE copy of my Engagement Style + Prep Guide here! In it, you will find:
A complete list of everything to do before your engagement session!
-Location logistics (you want the perfect spot, right?!)
-What to wear (because I know the struggle is REAL!)
-What to bring (don’t forget your hairbrush!)
-Tips, tricks and ideas
-Approximate start times for each season of the year
– LOTS of outfit & location inspiration
If you have any other questions regarding your engagement session, be sure to get in touch! I am happy to help you however I can!!