Mother’s Day is around the corner and so aside from offering Mama Mini Sessions (which you can find out all about here!) I wanted to share 7 pieces of advice every mother should hear.
7 Pieces of Advice Every Mother Needs to Hear
1. Take care of yourself. It is so important to prioritize taking care of yourself. Whether it means that you get enough sleep, take a workout class, go for a #hotmamawalk, eat that bowl of ice cream after the kids are in bed, take a candlelit bath. Whatever it is that is going to make you feel refreshed and ready to take on what the day, and your kids bring.
2. Trust your instincts. People mean well, and I truly believe that. But at the end of the day, you are the one who knows your child best, so trust your instincts. When it comes to making decisions about their well-being, you can hear the advice, but it doesn’t mean that you have to follow it.
3. Ask for help when you need it. I hope you know that it’s okay to ask for help. Whether that means you ask a family member or a friend to babysit so you can run an errand on your own, or you seek support from a professional, don’t be afraid to ask for help.
4. Build a support network. Or rather, find your tribe– your village. Surround yourself with people who support and uplift you. It’s important to have those people for when you need them. So join the mom’s group, connect with other parents online, or work on cultivating friendships with other parents in your community.
5. Be present. It’s hard to not worry about your never-ending to-do list, but try to be present in the moment and savor the time you have with your children. Even the challenging moments. Remember they’re only little for so long. Jordan Peterson has this quote:
“You only have little kids for four years. And if you miss it– it’s done. That’s it. So you got to know that. That period between 0-4/5 there’s something about that’s like a peak experience in life, and it isn’t much of your life… four years goes by so fast, you can’t believe it. And if you miss it, it’s gone.
So be present in the here and now, it won’t last forever.
6. Celebrate the small victories. We’ve covered how parenting can be tough, so it’s important to celebrate the small things. The milestones, the victories, no matter how small they seem. It’s all important.
7. Let go of perfection. Remember that nobody, and I mean nobody, is perfect. We’re human and it’s okay to make mistakes or have bad days. So perfection? It doesn’t matter. What is important is that you keep showing up and doing your absolute best.
I hope that you were encouraged by at least one of these seven pieces of advice every mother should hear. But before I let you go, I’d like to say one more thing. Remember that every mom’s journey is different, and what works for one person may not work for another. So trust yourself, be kind to yourself, and if you believe you are doing the best you can, then that’s all there is to it.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you AMAZING Mamas. There is truly no other job that will be as hard as this, and you’re ROCKING IT!
There are so many moments you’re going to want to capture as your kids grow up and finding new and creative ways to can be a little difficult. But don’t worry, I’ve got you! I created a list of 30 fun and creative photos for you to take of your kids and am giving you that list for FREE! Just click the image below to get it sent straight to your inbox!