Dress Shopping Tips
Today on the blog, I am sharing my best dress shopping tips to help ensure you have a memorable dress shopping experience!
Dress Shopping 101
Dress shopping can be really stressful, especially if you go into it not knowing what to expect. That being said, the best way to enjoy finding the right dress for you is by coming prepared!
“How can I be as prepared as possible, Brooke?” Ah, I am SO glad you asked!
Dress Shopping Tips
- Make an appointment. Make a list of the bridal boutiques you would like to visit and then call to book an appointment. This will ensure you have a bridal stylist despite the crowd, and it will make your experience all the more enjoyable.
- Know your measurements. Knowing your jean size is helpful when it comes to dresses. In addition, make note that wedding dress sizes are weird and hardly ever “true to size”. No need to get worked up over this, though. A solid bridal stylist will be able to help you find the perfect fit!
- Have an open mind. Sometimes, the dream dress we have in mind does not look like what we think it will once we try it on. Don’t let this get you down, though! No two dresses are alike and there are SO many beautiful and unqiue dress styles to choose from. Chances are, the one you end up in will be a thousand times better than what you envisioned anyway!
- Bring no more than three people with you to your appointment. Less is more when it comes to bringing people with you to your bridal appointments- trust me.
- Do your hair and makeup. This will help you envision your big day all the more while trying on dresses!
- Don’t force it. It is totally okay to sleep on a big decision like that of a wedding dress overnight. Take a deep breath, sleep well and see how you are feeling the next morning.
- Wear nude/white undergarments and bring a strapless bra. ‘Nuff said.
- Take lots of pictures. If you are undecided and choose to sleep on it overnight, taking pictures will help refresh your memory when it comes to making the big decision.
- Try the veil. Veils know exactly how to complete the look of being a bride. Even if you don’t think you are going to wear one, I encourage you to try one on at least once. Be warned, though: finding the perfect veil with the perfect dress will stir up the waterworks!
- Stick to your budget. This is so important, friend. When you buy a dress, you are most likely also going to need alterations, a veil or hairpiece, shoes, bridal jewelry, etc. etc. Make sure your stylist knows what your budget is so that the dress you fall in love with is one you can actually afford!
Snag Your Freebie
I hope you found these tips helpful! If you are bride-to-be, be sure to grab my FREE guide to planning the perfect day-of timeline. Snag it here!