Wedding Tips Tuesday
Choosing your flowers is one of THE most exciting parts of wedding planning, but it is certainly not as simple as it seems! If you are having a hard time with making decisions regarding flowers for your big day, have no fear! Today on the blog, my sweet friend and florist Marianne — owner of Bushel and a Peck Floral — is sharing six important need-to-knows when it comes to all things flowers.
Utah has some of the best vendors in the wedding industry and Marianne is no-doubt one of them! The passion she has for her work shines through her beautiful creations. I have worked with Marianne enough to say that she always, always, always goes above and beyond for each and every one of her clients. Her talent never ceases to amaze me and I am always in awe of her work!
Wedding Flower Wisdom
Here are the six need-t0-knows when it comes to wedding flowers according to Marianne:
1. Your florists are the experts. Bring them multiple pictures for inspiration to get the feel of your style and then let them make something uniquely for you.
2. You are dealing with Mother Nature. Don’t get your heart set on an exact flower. Focus on more of a feeling/style that you want to convey. Be flexible on what is available during your season.
3. Do not have set color schemes and swatches. Give your florist a little creative liberty to add some complementary tones to your wedding colors so you can have the most beautiful things that are available at the moment.
4. Know that flowers are expensive and are ordered in large bunches. Smaller bouquets do not equal smaller price tags.
5. Bouquets with less variety equal less expensive. So, something very simple in blooms may cost less than a tiny intricate bouquet.
6. Greenery is not a cheaper option. You should go with greens if that is your desired look, but not because you think it is more budget friendly.
Need More Inspiration?
Click here to check out the styled shoot Marianne and I did together back in the spring. It’s filled with several beautiful bouquets to help keep your creative juices flowing!