LDS Wedding Tips
Today on the blog, I’m sharing 5 tips for LDS couples to keep in mind as they plan their wedding. I hope you find them helpful!
LDS Wedding Tips
Fact: Preparing for your wedding should be one of the most exciting seasons of your life! With that in mind…a wedding in an LDS temple looks a little different than a “traditional” wedding so to speak. That’s why I’m sharing all kinds of tips for you to keep in mind as you plan yours! I hope you find these helpful!
- Book your photographer first (or at least ask your “dream” photographer if they are available on a date you are considering before setting a temple date). I am ALWAYS so sad when brides reach out to book me for their wedding and I am not available. It’s the worst! So if you have your eye on a certain photographer, I would suggest just sending a quick email to see if they are available on the dates you are looking at! It can’t hurt! The photographer, temple and venue are what you will want to book simultaneously. You will rely on these most, so it’s important to take your time finding the right photographer and venue for you! Once you have done this, book the rest of your vendors (caterer, DJ, florist, bakery, etc.) Be sure to ask your photographer and coordinator for their recommendations! Chances are, hiring the photographer and coordinator you trust will lead to very trustworthy recommendations.
- Be flexible with your wedding date. All LDS temples have different schedules and available times for marriages. The Temple’s should have all the information you need, so be sure to reach out with any questions you may have! I would also recommend booking your reception space — if you are celebrating immediately after — as soon as you have booked your temple date. By booking these two times as close together as possible, you’re much more likely to time things accordingly.
- Your endowment. For many LDS couples, getting married also means it is time to receive the endowment ordinance. No marriage sealing can take place unless both the bride and the groom have been received all of the preparatory ordinances. To read more about the endowment ordinance process, visit LDS.org.
- Sealing time. Consider the events of your day. Will you have a luncheon following your temple sealing? Will you be having a dinner the night before? All of these will affect your wedding day timeline. Most photographers have their “ideal” wedding day timeline, so if you are wondering when the best time for your sealing would be, don’t be afraid to ask for guidance!
- Consider doing a formal session BEFORE your wedding day. Check out my post on five reasons why you should do a formal session before your Temple wedding. Read it here.
Hire Your Photographer Today
Are you on the hunt for a photographer? I would be THRILLED to capture the events of your special day and answer any questions about the planning process along the way! Contact me today and we will set up a consultation!