After sharing the 10 things I’m taking with me in my 40’s I realized there is also so much I am looking forward to in my 40’s. So here are the top 7 things I’m looking forward to in my 40’s– plus the mantra I want to live this decade by.
- Watching my tiny humans become big (hopefully well rounded, amazing) adult humans – I may or may not have groaned a little thinking about how my tiny humans will all be ADULTS in the next decade. Where did the time go?!
- More stamps on my passport – Italy, Paris, Spain, honestly I just want to see it all! If I could capture some romantic moments in these locations too, well that would be the ULTIMATE DREAM! (If you’re getting married out of the country, I will travel! Let’s chat!)
- High School sports, dances, late nights and graduations with my kiddos
- Appreciating how incredible my body is and what it has given me – like three absolutely amazing kids and the capability to keep up with them and all their activities!
- Giving great advice – I have a lot of life experience and I want to share it with others! Whether about motherhood, relationships, business, I want to give great advice to others and am definitely looking forward to doing that in my 40’s.
- No more counting calories – I am going to enjoy every bit and bite of food because we SHOULD!
- Mastering my finances – I’ve been working on creating multiple income streams of passive income (learn all about that here) and that’s because I’m determined to master my finances this decade and continue to build towards a future.
Turning 40 used to be a little frightening but there really are so many things I’m looking forward to in my 40’s that it’s exciting. And with that, here’s my mantra for this decade – Forty is just a number. Let’s celebrate the journey these years have brought — the love, the family and friends – because at the end of the day, I am truly, 100% blessed.
If you love or can relate to any of these, I’d love to know! Send me an email or comment down below!
Looking for a Utah photographer for weddings, engagements, or family portraits? I’m your girl! Follow along on Instagram for all my galleries > @brookebakken, and hit that image below to get in touch with me!